We’ll always do our best to fulfil your needs and meet your expectations, but it’s important to have things written down so that everyone knows what’s what, who should do what and when, and what will happen if something goes wrong.
So in short:
The Ongoing Website Success Programme is here to provide peace of mind and to help your website succeed. Key elements of the Programme are as follows:
- Support: We provide telephone and email support during office hours (normally Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm). Support allowances vary depending on your plan; support time can be used on any web related activities that we provide. We act as a point of contact for anything web-related – whether that’s domains, hosting, Analytics, content or more – we’re here to ask!
- Uptime Monitoring: Your website will be pinged regularly to check it’s up and running, so we can act fast if it goes down.
- Advanced Security Monitoring: We will use a well respected Security Suite to add additional security hardening to your website and set up & monitor security alerts for your website.
- Software Licence Fees: As a member of the Ongoing Website Success Programme, you can take advantage of our developer licences for things like Gravity Forms (contact forms plugin) – so you don’t have to pay for software licences individually.
- WordPress Updates: Each month Hexagon Webworks will update any WordPress plugins on your website where new versions are available. This is important for security and to prevent potential attacks. We will also update the core WordPress software if required (although normally this is done automatically by your hosting provider). Plugin updates are managed either manually or in a semi-automatic fashion, depending on your plan (see below).
- Reduced Hourly Rate: All clients on the Ongoing Website Success Programme benefit from a slightly lower hourly rate for any project work (£80.00+VAT instead of the standard £90.00+VAT).
- Annual Website Strategy Workshop, Content Creation and Site Optimisation: Clients on the Growth plan can take advantage of an annual website strategy workshop and a tailored programme of content creation and site optimisation.
Our Ongoing Website Success Programme includes three tiers:
|Support Time (per month)
||from 3 hours
|Enhanced Security Monitoring
|Software Licence Fees
|Monthly WordPress Updates
||Semi-automatic or Manual
|Reduced Hourly Rate for Project Work
|Suitable for Ecommerce/Advanced Sites
|Annual Website Strategy Workshop
|Monthly Content Marketing
|SEO, Conversion & Speed Optimisation
3. Support Time
Support time included with your plan can be used on any web related activities that Hexagon provide, as well as more traditional ‘support’.
Time used to update WordPress, themes and plugins comes out of your total support allowance.
Unused support time does not roll over from one month to the next.
4. WordPress Updates
WordPress is a continually evolving system, and therefore new versions of WordPress & its associated plugins are regularly released. Some of these versions include functionality enhancements and additions; others are released simply to address security issues that have been identified. Keeping WordPress and plugins up-to-date is important to minimise the chances of a website being hacked.
On a monthly basis we will update any WordPress plugins and themes on your website that have new versions available. We will also update the core WordPress software if required (although normally this is done automatically by WP Engine). The way updates are managed varies depending on your plan level
Under the ‘Essential’ plan, updates are managed in a semi-automatic fashion; we do not manually check each site post-upgrade (see ‘Professional’ below if you require a more hands-on approach).
The ‘Professional’ plan caters for websites which require a more hands-on approach – for example, if e-commerce is involved, or if the website is more business critical. Each month we:
- Perform a pre-upgrade backup
- Manually upgrade plugins (& WordPress core if required)
- Perform a post-upgrade visual check
- For WooCommerce websites: Manually update any out-of-date WooCommerce template overrides & test buying process through to checkout
Most clients on the ‘Growth’ plan may choose to have their website updated either semi-automatically or manually; for e-commerce websites or those with more advanced functionality, we always recommend manual upgrades.
5. Service Duration & Renewal
By default the Ongoing Website Success Programme runs on an annual basis. You will be invoiced annually in advance; your annual invoice will show the service period covered. Payment must be cleared prior to the start of your annual service period.
Monthly payment by direct bank transfer is available on request. You will be invoiced monthly in advance; your monthly invoice will show the service period covered. Payment must be cleared prior to the start of each monthly service period.
Your plan will automatically be renewed for successive twelve month or one month terms (for annual and monthly payment respectively) unless you cancel the agreement in writing (an email is fine) at least 30 days prior to the renewal date. Unless you cancel, we will automatically invoice you for the renewal fees for the following term.
We review our fees annually and so your renewal fees may change. We will always notify you of forthcoming price changes.
6. Payment terms
We’re sure you understand how important it is as a small business that you pay the invoices that we send you promptly; you therefore agree to stick to the following payment schedule:
- We issue invoices electronically
- Payment is due no later than the beginning of your service period, as stated on your invoice
- Payment may be made by BACS or cheque (we prefer BACS if possible); the appropriate bank account details will be on our invoice
- We reserve the right to cancel your plan and cease providing our service if we do not receive timely payment
7. But where’s all the horrible small print?
We’ll carry out our support commitments in accordance with industry good practice and at the standard expected from a suitably qualified organisation with relevant experience. That said, we can’t guarantee that our work will be error-free and so we can’t be liable to you or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages, even if you’ve advised us of them.
Your liability to us will also be limited to the amount of fees payable under this contract and you won’t be liable to us or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages, even if we’ve advised you of them.
Just like a parking ticket, neither of us can transfer this contract to anyone else without the other’s permission.
We both agree that we’ll adhere to all relevant laws and regulations in relation to our activities under this contract and not cause the other to breach any relevant laws or regulations.
This contract stays in place and need not be renewed. If any provision of this contract shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Although the language is simple, the intentions are serious and this contract is a legal document under exclusive jurisdiction of English and Welsh courts.