Ever tried to send some photos to a friend and ended up crashing your email system because the file size of the images was too big?
Here’s a neat way around the problem using Picasa – Google’s free photo editing/sharing software:
- If you don’t already have it, download and install Picasa on your computer.
- Within Picasa, find the photos you want to send via email. Select them all by holding down the Shift key and clicking the first and last images in the selection, or select individual images by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on each image one by one.
- Once you have your images selected, go to File -> Export Picture to Folder. You should see a dialogue box similar to that below:
- Specify a folder for the re-sized photos and click Ok.
- The default settings reduced a photo of mine from 3MB to 104kb – you can play around with the settings to suit your own requirements.
Happy photo sharing!!